Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Year's Resolution #1

So today marks the beginning of fulfilling one of my New Year's resolutions: To rid myself of addictive distraction.

Distractions have been plaguing me for awhile now, and prevented me from writing the novel I set out to write two years ago. The internet is probably the biggest distraction, with podcasts being number two, then streaming Hulu and Netflix.  So, as of today, I've closed my home internet and landline account, and no longer have access to the internet while I'm at home.  While this will be immediately measurable financially, the most impact will be on my need to regain my non-digital life.  I'm really looking forward to it. 

Of course I still have free wi-fi access at work, and will be able to use my laptop to download crucial podcasts, such as news, and of course upload my writing and check email, etc.  However, the free time I hope to recapture is exciting.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment